Who can join?
The Aviation Council of Alabama has been established to include the broad base of aviation interests that are present throughout the state. For this reason, the Council has created different membership categories to reflect the diversity of Alabama’s aviation community. The membership categories and graduated annual dues schedule are structured so that membership will be affordable to the individuals or companies within each category. The membership categories designated and annual dues, calendar year, are:
Commercial Service Airports
- Non-Hub (Essential Air Service) $1,000
- Non-Hub $1,500
- Small-Hub $2,500
General Aviation Airports
- Less than 1,000 Operations/Year $500
- Greater than 1,000 Operations/Year $750
- On-Airport $250
- Off-Airport $500
- Individual $50
- Student (Non Voting) $20
Why should I join?
The Aviation Council has been organized to promote and protect the interests of all segments of the aviation community. Your dues will enable the Council to closely monitor issues, trends and events that may have an impact upon each of its members.
The Council will keep you informed and be your network
- Airport Funding Issues both State and Federal and local matching fund shares.
- Maintaining and Improving Alabama’s Airports
- State and Federal taxation issues, user fees and fuel
- Off-airport land uses such as tall structures, noise and issues that threaten flying safety
- Minimum Standards for airport tenants, FBO’s, Flight Schools and Corporate Flight Departments
- Airspace protection- enroute & adjacent to airports and helipads
- Agency regulatory actions
- Environmental policy that impacts airport operations.
Other Membership Benefits
- Alabama Aviation Calendar and News
- Alabama Aviation and Airport Informa
- tion and Data
- Unsurpassed Registered Lobbying for aviation and airport issues
- Outstanding Annual Airport Conference Program
- Workshops, Meetings and Legislative/Public Officials Roundtable Discussions
- Membership Recognition: Decals, Logo attire, Plaques and Promotional Material.
- Grassroots Representation to protect local airports
- Monitoring of Aeronautics Bureau-ALDOT meeting and the promulgation of rules
- Partnerships with Allied State Associations
- Alabama Airports Exhibit Representation
- Development of media coverage with aviation issues.
How Can I Join?
Fill out an application and mail with your check or you may contact us:
The Aviation Council of Alabama, Inc
1270 Emerald Mountain Parkway
Wetumpka, AL 36093
Note: The Membership Application is in Portable Document Format (PDF). This format allows us to create Web data in its original format for reproduction.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download and install the reader by clicking the “Get Acrobat Reader” button below.